Clinica Sant’Anna, Lugano
A cradle to local population, the Sant’Anna Clinic was founded in Lugano by the sisters of the «Gemeinschaft der St. Anna Schwestern» of Lucerne in 1922. Located in Sorengo since 1934, it is the largest maternity hospital in Ticino and one of the largest private maternity clinics in Switzerland with approximately 840 births every year and a neonatal unit for the intensive care of premature babies.
With 80 beds, it occupies a key position in the region’s public healthcare, particularly in the fields of women’s health, senology, oncology, internal medicine and, with its 5 operating theatres, specialist surgery. Since May 2011, the Sant’Anna Clinic has also run the first Nescens Centre for Preventive Medicine in Ticino, offering health check-ups and anti-aging treatments to Swiss and international patients.
In 2013, Clinica Sant’Anna inaugurated an outpatient clinic for general medical care, oncology and surgery. The clinic also expanded its room offer by building new high-standard private rooms: 2 suites, 4 junior suites and 4 individual rooms were added, offering state-of-the art infrastructure designed to offer patients maximum comfort.
· Gynaecology and obstetrics · Neonatology · Oncology and Senology · Internal medicine · Preventive medicine · Visceral surgery and proctology · Minimally invasive surgery · Plastic and reconstructive surgery · Phlebosurgery · ENT surgery · Hand surgery · Neurosurgery/spinal Surgery · Sports traumatology
· 80 Beds · 90 Admitting physicians 220 Employees · 4,000 Surgical interventions 840 Deliveries